Wednesday 23 January 2013

Sins of the Father

With work continuing apace on my Victorian projects, I've barely had a moment to put together a blog post recently. However, I did have a short story published over at Black Library shortly before Christmas.

Like Father, Like Son is a wintry Warhammer tale, more melancholia than traditional sword & sorcery. What was challenging about this piece was that it had a 1,000-word limit, which makes it really tricky to wring any kind of character development, emotional impact or plot twist out of the story. Hopefully you'll think that I managed at least one of the three.

A great experience, and I'm really proud to report that my second 1,000-word piece has been accepted by the Black Library, too. Expect to see that later this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.